Income Inequality

Some of us think far more than we should

Income Inequality

Postby Minute » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:24 am

Was reading THIS article & shock headlines aside, I tend to agree. Income inequality is the greatest danger this country faces.

Thoughts?
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:
Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat
 
Posts: 3418
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Brothel Relbeeks Mother Whores Herself From

Re: Income Inequality

Postby Morbidd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Its not just the USA either. In the UK i read a report the other day that the top 5 richest people in the UK own more wealth than the entire bottom 20% of the country. We are returning to a Downton abby regime where there is is no middle class. Just the rich and the poor :evil:
User avatar
Morbidd
Master n00b
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:44 am

Re: Income Inequality

Postby Minute » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Morbidd wrote:Its not just the USA either. In the UK i read a report the other day that the top 5 richest people in the UK own more wealth than the entire bottom 20% of the country. We are returning to a Downton abby regime where there is is no middle class. Just the rich and the poor :evil:


w3rd. Part of the reason that I don't think the U.S.'s financial crisis can be compared to the great depression is because of the way the world is connected now. The real money in the world isn't nearly as interested in keeping America as prosperous as it did then because the entire world is available now.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:
Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat
 
Posts: 3418
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Brothel Relbeeks Mother Whores Herself From

Re: Income Inequality

Postby Ddrak » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Income inequality is a massive problem with no good solution, particularly with the amount of money required to influence politics.

Dd
Image
User avatar
Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian
 
Posts: 17407
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:00 pm
Location: EQ2: Blackburrow

Re: Income Inequality

Postby Arathena » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:11 am

Ddrak wrote:Income inequality is a massive problem with no good solution, particularly with the amount of money required to influence politics.

Dd


There are two solutions. The rentier classes may come to understand that you cannot parasitize a dead body and accept a sustainable rate of return, either voluntarily, through their own corporate policies, when current actions start to fail, or involuntarily, through taxation and unionization. I do not hold great hope for this. Alternately, we have a couple big, violent deals like the French revolution, fuck the hell out of the world, and spend a couple generations sifting through the ashes until we all agree to do it again. When people reach the point where they cannot feed themselves, heads will roll, and the consequences are never good.
Archfiend Arathena Sa`Riik
Poison Arrow
User avatar
Arathena
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:37 pm

Re: Income Inequality

Postby Ddrak » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah - I agree. Hence "no good solution". :/

Dd
Image
User avatar
Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian
 
Posts: 17407
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:00 pm
Location: EQ2: Blackburrow


Return to Philosophy and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron