Adios

Retirement notices from those that walked around the world of Norrath with you or before you.

Moderator: Nadia

Cieran

Adios

Post by Cieran » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:01 AM

Repost from the Exemplar guild boards.
I am done with Everquest.

Some of you know that I moved away from home last year to attend university and study business law. When I left, the computer that I played EQ on stayed behind and the only thing I brought with me was an old laptop that's not good for anything except surfing the net and chatting.

At first I missed EQ and couldn't wait to return home and play it. Over time I grew more indifferent towards it and lately I've noticed that I just don't want to play anymore. I've tried a couple of times, logging in and getting a group... but almost instantly I get bored and try to figure out exactly how long I have to stay to not seem like an asshole for joining a group and then leaving.

To me, Everquest is not what it once was. The magic is gone and only the treadmill remains. A game is supposed to be fun, not a job.

Because of this, Cieran the Rogue is retiring from Everquest and the Brell Serilis server. It was a good run, but it is time to say goodbye.

Even though I'm done with EQ, I am not done with online gaming. World of Warcraft is looking really good at the moment and I will probably be playing it once it is released. Most likely I'll be playing on a euro-server this time but you never know... I might adventure with some of you again. If WoW doesn't turn out good (but I'm pretty sure it will) I'll probably go to another game, maybe Vanguard but probably not EQ2... SOE won't get another dollar out of me if I can help it.

With all of the above said, I've had a tremendous amount of fun over the years and I'd like to thank the Brell community as a whole, but especially all the members of Exemplar, new and old, current and former. It was an honor to be part of Exemplar and I thank you for taking me in and being my online family. I wish you all the best.

Yours,

Veteran Cieran Greyshade
65 Deceiver
Exemplar
Brell Serilis
Last edited by Cieran on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Akassha

Post by Akassha » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:04 AM

Stay in touch Cieran! It has been an honor knowing you.

PS, we'll be back in Denmark in '06, maybe we can hook up!

TapsiDrackin

Post by TapsiDrackin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:49 AM

/bow Cieran

It was an honor to be guilded with you. Best of luck in school!
Zikalla
65th Enchanter
Scent of an Ogre

Tapsi Drackin
65th GraveLady
Scent of an Ogre

Shaddowhawke Greywing
63rd Druid
Brellian Pact

Selenea
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Selenea » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:14 AM

Cieran best of luck to ya! Was a pleasure meeting/raiding/playing with you!

Bailea Soulrez

Post by Bailea Soulrez » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:08 PM

You take care of yourself Cieran - wishing you the best in school. I hope to see you again in another game in the future. :)

Svaboda
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Svaboda » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:23 AM

Wow Cieran another great person from EQ joing the RL camp. Take care of yourself and please keep in touch!