Love and EQ…Is it really possible?

EQ-related discussion.

Moderator: Nadia

Finine
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Finine » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:32 PM

Heth = Matchmaker!

I always knew you were a closet romantic.. or you get romantic in the closet, which ever!
*snicker* :mrgreen:

Kobayashi
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Kobayashi » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:38 AM

Yes, its possible Knott, and i am glad that you found someone to be with from EQ :)

As i more then know, there are good stories about EQ like this, and there are bad ones. Its nice to see a good one every now and then, and i know its been the same for some of the best people i have met through EQ *hugs Siggy and Kass :)
Kobayashi
Wizard of Silent Redemption
Weezard Gear

Lay with me lady, you're drivin' me crazy
I promised you all my life
These things they sustain me, oh how they drain me
But I'll never hang you out to dry

Akassha

Post by Akassha » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:18 AM

Hugs back Kobi!

I saw this thread a couple of days ago and haven't gotten around to replying. But in a nutshell, here's our history.

August 01 - Sigwulf and Akassha met in Dreadlands

December 01 - The characters Sig and Kass got married in Sol B (weird place I know, don't ask) :)

May 02 - Sig traveled from Denmark to the US to meet me. While we knew deep down there were strong feelings there, we hesitated to go overboard with it until we met in person. The first 3 hours were really nervewracking, but after that we were ok. Three days later we knew we wanted to get married.

July 5, 2002 - we got married! Then two days later he had to fly back to Denmark to close up his life there. In August he came back.

April 2003 - Sig became a legal permanent resident of the US.

There are a lot of horror stories about people who meet on the Net, and probably many of them are justified. But, there are a lot of really great stories and people don't often hear about those. I don't know many couples with relationships as great as the one we have, and we consider ourselves very blessed. We even work at the same company - Sig as a computer programmer and me in marketing. So we're even together during the day to an extent. People who know us well will laugh, since in game we were always inseparable too!

We no longer play EQ and probably never will again. It was a good feeling to successfully make the transition from a couple who plays together to just a normal couple.

I'm rambling - best of luck to you, I wish you all the happiness I have found!

Alandrea Aberration

Post by Alandrea Aberration » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:37 AM

Darck and I met on EQ, in May of '02. In November of '02 he came for a vist, and has been here ever since.

He and I started out pretty rough, i couldnt stand him most of the time, but as the months past we became best friends. Constantly duo'ing in Seb (some of you may remember : "Alandrea says out of character: "Guard camped, not planning on leaving, no list!" (I think we once camped that silly thing for 30 hrs straight.....quest to make me level!)

We didnt start talking on the phone until maybe July/August. And it went from there. We are planning a future together, Darck, my little boy, and I.

We've chatted about marriage, and it's a goal - but we aren't in a big rush. We are truely soulmates.

But love is many different things. I Have met some very dear friends in this game too. Winterr, Dorick, both of whom my phone bill knows well !!

Its possible to find a connection in this game. If you are looking, hell, even if you arent :)
Elder Alandrea Aberration
65th Storm Warden
Soulmate of Sage Darck Aberration, 65th Coercer

Gemia

Post by Gemia » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:01 PM

On Sept 9, 2001 I meet a Barb warrior named Valkarian in Oasis. I was playing my cleric, Rahlina. I just needed a tank, and sent him a tell. He hadn't played that warrior in months, and I had just started a new account and the cleric the day before. I shouldnt have even been Oasis lvl. We grouped for a few months, nearly every day.

A few months later, we met in person.

On May 14, 2003 I married him in real life. :wink:

Gemia

Ravenes
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Ravenes » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:28 PM

That is a neat story. Nice and short too. :-)

Siouxx Brell

Post by Siouxx Brell » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:10 AM

Hello all!

Wanted to add our little story to the mix, even though we are just returning to EQ after a 4 month break.

Nogia and I met at a EQ BBQ hosted by her Guild Leader...she was playing Layleana at the time. At the 1st BBQ we got to talk and afterwards spent a little more time in game with each other. Time went on and a 2nd BBQ was planned and we both attended. We were attracted to each other, but currently both goin through divorces (not related to EQ :P) After the 2nd BBQ we spent most of our time in game together, talking about life, problems, and of course..killing mobs.

After spending alot of time in game and visiting each other frequently in RL, and finding that our personalities meshed so well, we decided to help each other out in RL by moving in together to take care of all the RL issuses that the divorces had handed us. We have been inseperable ever since. That was last Janurary. Friendship has grown into love and on Nov 22nd of 2003, Nogia and I (Mike and Cathy) will be tying the knot in RL. Never in a million years would we have ever thought that this game would have brought us such happiness and even though our profiles in game were never huge, it was EQ that brought us together.

Hope this adds to the love story that is EQ.

Siouxx Wahpekute (Mike)
Nogia Wahpekute (Cathy)

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Knott » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:36 AM

What a perfect day to tie the Knott on! hehe Is my RL birthday. Congrats to all of you that have found what I have... The perfect soulmate through a game that has served as a tool to unite two people to share the rest of thier life with.

Knott Zeback
Loving husband of Jabette

Jabettez

Post by Jabettez » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:15 AM

Well it is my turn!

I met Knott a couple of years ago in game while he was playing his cleric Khael :) He was at that time the kindest cleric in Jabette's life :) We spent a lot of time in OT together as I was leveling the rogue as my druid, Ectasy, was tossed to the side like a wet towel so to speak. We would just hang, talk about life, kids, etc... never knowing that in a couple of years, we would walk the path that we have chosen.

Spring forward to July of this year. Knott returned to the game one day, after being away for a while due to RL issues that I remembered and I was worried about as a friend. Guild was going through huge changes and he logged on to find many of us not with the guild. We chatted about that and his RL stuff and it was the best night of my life. Reason being is that it was the beginning of the story of Jabette and Knott.

Having been through a few relationships in my past and the experiences that come with them, I was astounded to find a man with similar interests, similar beliefs and then to top it off, a man who has the MOST respect for women!! I thought I died and went to heaven... and the emails began!

We talked about everything in the sky, on the land and inbetween. We both value children before ourselves. Emails turned into phonecalls which turned into playing in the game while still on the phone ;) All was wonderful and then....

The trip to meet him face to face! If I wasn't hooked before through our continual chats... I was most definitely hooked the moment I saw him standing there waiting for me at the bottom of the escalator!

The goings on of our lives together is progressing minute by minute, day by day. We deal with the same issues as anyone else even living together yet we are over 2000 miles away from eachother. We count the days that go by until we will see each other again! And for your information, I did say YES, I will marry you!

The rest is quite personal and Knott knows that the most important thing is that HE knows how very much I love him.

ps... thank you all for the very wonderful personal tells that are sent to me everyday with blessings and congratulations.

Aric... I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shyntlara

amazing similarity

Post by Shyntlara » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:42 AM

To start off I Have known both jabbete and Kael for ages, i cant imagine a better match, but perhaps one that is equal...

Most of you know me as shyntlara the dark elf heart breaking soul sucking evil wench and Matron Mother of Qu`ellar Kenafin, formerly House Kenafin. I've had a handful of eq relationships of course but was always somewhat leery of internet love seeing that often times People misrepresent themselves. Goodness knows I try to apear to be a tough battle hardened fearless Inkie when in fact i'm a scared lil cream puff, go figure saftey behind the screen. bout a year ago I fell for an EQ guy and it seemed over the course of 8 months my fears were justified, I had faith in him but he seemed to just be playing games.

This is where it gets interesting,, a guildmate of mine,, normaly very quiet helps me pick up the peices of my broken heart, seems he's been there done that himself. Some of you May remember Skiff OOM, half elf paly and all around nice guy. It seems that for years he had watched me closely but never intruded on the outspoken volitle Matron of Kenafin.

about 6 months ago Crystallcat {coleader of kenafin} and i lived in kanab utah a backwater town thats about as repressed and back water as mormon towns can get. Life had been tough for three years and Skif knew about this as does his real life roomate and best friend Zalain. I soon found out that cat and zal planed a lil surpeise,, skif and zal drove out to utah for a visit.

The moment I opened the door and saw them walking up my heart just about jumped out of my chest. I ran out leaped into "skifs" arms and planted a deep loving kiss on his lips. Now this may be my in game behaviour however in real life i'm just not like that. My heart however knew something imeadiately my mind wasnt ready to accept. I was in love.

Skiff had been a quiet nice friend of mine on eq since 99' shortyly after brell opened and four years later i'm in his arms and scared witless becuase i recognise how vulnerable i was. It gets even better.

At the end of three days Zal and Skiff get a uhaul trailer and pack up all of mine and cat's belongings and they drive us back to missouri to Skifs home. so what has EQ finaly brought me? I have 2 level 65 chars, dont really care, both are epiced, so what. My volitle nature in the past on game makes me not the most popular cleric , or bard around, for that i apologise to the brell comunity whole heartedly. On the plus side tho over the past 4 plus years i've made hundreds of wonderful friends like jab and khael and many many more, and am now peacefully settled down with the love of my liffe.

Our relationship has blossumed into something trully magnificiant to behold and i thank the fates every day for my good fortune, I wake up every morning dreaming up ways to make my beloved pleased, and enjoy every moment we have together, laughter, joy and hapiness now fills the void that despair and self loathing once filled.

o yes you two it does happen even to people that firmly beleive internet love isnt real. Skif made a believer out of me and for the pitance we pay for our acounts i find it ironic that a highly adictive game turned out to be the very best investment i ever made in my life, much love for eq and greater love for brell you guys are awsome..

And to the love of my life Skiff i thank you so much for just being you and returning joy to my life.

marathdamane

Hya

Post by marathdamane » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:57 AM

Grats you two!! I wish you the best of luck

Svaboda
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Svaboda » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:49 AM

Just wanted to say Sig and Kassy getting together was one of the most wonderful things in EQ. Much love and happiness to you both and I am so glad to be your friend!

Lil Sva and the Ferocity clan!

Reptilia

Post by Reptilia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:04 PM

It is very nice to hear about other couples who have met on EQ. I also met my husband, who was a wizzie named Jahmon, through a guild in EQ. We got married in RL in April 2003, and he is currently working on his Canadian immigration (he's an American).

Meeting someone in EQ or online forms quite a unique relationship. It's different than anything I've ever shared with anyone before. Since we met online and are from different countries, we also missed out on the "normal" traditional dating thing... altho we did spend many nights together attempting J-Boots multiquests, raids, groups, etc, and simply just chatting. I knew he was special from the moment we started talking... and when we met in person it was so pure and amazing. I never really believed in fate until I met him.

Jahmon found this thread and shared it with me. One thing he said which made me laugh was, "once you get married, you can't play the game much anymore".... which is true. We both quit our characters. Now, we've recently started playing again and it can be tricky dividing computer time. We always manage to find time for each other though. It's been weird to have met on the game, and to quit for such a long time, and then to start playing again. It's been about 10 months since we've last played. I'm hoping to get a second computer soon, so that we can group and partner together once again. Playing without him just isn't as fun.

Reptilia
61 cleric

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Knott » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:26 AM

I am SOOO sorry for bumping a post this old but I do so to remind Diana / Jabette how much I did, do, and always will love her.

Mulkosaur

Post by Mulkosaur » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:16 AM

Haha RL faction farming you da man!! :P
Playing WoW and stuffzs...for now.

Selenea
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Selenea » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:36 AM

I appreciate the bumb Knott. Was a very nice read must have missed it before. And I always like hearing Akassha & Sig story! Definatley great to hear some GOOD stories about EQ romance. I almost needed a box of tissues.

Congrats to all of you who have found happiness in RL through the game world.

iceyeyes

Post by iceyeyes » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:53 PM

Knott and Jabette you both are such sweet and nice people. I'm so happy that both of you have found such happiness.

I wish you both all the best from my heart!!!!!!!!

knott /hug /hug (there's two since I haven't seen you in game)
jabette /hug /hug (two for you also since I haven't caught you in game either!!!!)

Bluesnow Iceyeyes
65 enchanteress
Zenith

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Knott » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:06 AM

To everyone that has wished us well and have been part of our in-game lives...

The real Knott and the Real Jabette (A.K.A. Aric and Diana) have begun the next chapter in our lives together. We have just purchased the final plane tickets for the little backstabber know as Jabette to fly donw one last time to move in with the monkey known as Knott. Its been an amazing journey to get to where we are and to think it all started with a game.

Luciannnah

*cheer*

Post by Luciannnah » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:23 PM

Woot GRATS Knott/Jabette--having seen you two on the occasional SoR raid, I can't help but know it's meant to be :) Best of luck to the two of you. . .

As for Kass/Siggie, I dont know that i've ever seen two people more disgustingly in love *wink* They truly are the perfect compliment for one another :)

*huggles* everyone--thanks for sharing your love stories with us :)

Luciannah Molarran
Ta Ta Flashing Enchantress of Exemplar
Guardian of Linamdar's heart for 65 seasons

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Knott » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:32 AM

Jabette is now living with me and things couldn't be better for us. Sorry Canada but the most beautiful woman you had is now on our side of the boarder!