Love and EQ…Is it really possible?

EQ-related discussion.

Moderator: Nadia

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Love and EQ…Is it really possible?

Post by Knott » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:40 AM

Here is a little story of how fate works and the tools that it uses to bring two people together.

It was a Saturday night in July and I had just moved back in with my parents. I have been going through some tough times in real life and I was looking for ways to cut expenses out of my budget. EQ was the first and most obvious to go. I have made several friends over the years I have been on “the game” and I wanted to say good-bye to them, as I knew that I would most likely never return, as I had not played in several months. One of my dearest friends in EQ was a little rogue named Jabette. She was such a sweet heart and always had something nice to say. She had such a beautiful personality. She was online the final night I logged in and I talked to her for a while. I knew it was people like her I would miss. After a conversation with her about nothing unparticular. I decided at that time I would continue to log in until my account had become expired since I had already cancelled it before I logged in and just say my good bye on the boards. I was saddened to know that I would be leaving people like Jabette behind. Before logging off for that night, I left her with my e-mail address and asked her to stay in touch.
That week I had logged back on and sure enough, there was that rogue again. I just couldn’t shake her. She had told me she e-mailed me but I never received it. We conversed back and forth for a while and I gave her a new e-mail address to try and it worked. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other through e-mail and I finally got up the nerve to ask her to call me. She did and thus began a beautiful friendship. Living in Illinois and her living in Canada, BC, I knew it would be tough to be anything more then just a long distance friendship but I felt like I have found my best friend that I have searched for all my life. The only thing I felt we could have was an in game marriage that we developed over the course of the next few weeks.
From there, we really hit it off. I have 2 children ages 2 and 5 and she has one age 12. We both have the same values when it comes to our children and we both had made it clear that the come first and foremost. At that point, we decided to take our friendship to a more personal level and meet. I sent her a plane ticket to come down and she accepted. I picked her up in Chicago and we stopped for dinner with an old friend from EQ by the name of Mordra. (Mordra by the way is one awesome person and a GREAT person to be around). After dinner, we drove the two hours back to my home. We found we had a lot in common and really had a good time just talking. She stayed at my house for a week before I drove her back to Chicago with my father and brother – in – law for her flight back home. It was hard to see her go after seeing my family fall in love with her. I knew then that I also had fallen in love with her.
She made it back home and we talked for hours each night on the phone and played the game that had brought us together each night. We knew we loved each other and looked at the possibilities of a future together. I decided to fly up and meet her family in October and with that I took with me a ring with the intent to take our relationship the next level. An engagement! I talked with her son and he was all for making that choice and hence, I did. I gave him the ring to give to her when I asked so he could be part of the special moment his mother and I were about the share. I got on one knee and asked her to spend the rest of our lives together. I knew it was right, it felt right, I have spent many of nights laying awake just thinking of her. I look forward to opening up doors for her and just doing the little things in life that I can do to show her how much I care about her. To top it all off, her looks matched her personality. Both are so beautiful that anything pales in comparison to her. I love her with all my heart. I love being in love with her and I love being loved by her.

In closing, I have this to ask.
Has anyone else out there found his or her soul mate on a game or the Internet? Have you fallen in love with someone’s personality before you have seen his or her face? I know it sounds odd but I love the fact that my relationship is based on real feelings and what I consider true love and not just a physical attraction. I have learned what true love really is and it feels so incredible that I cannot put it into words. I hope that any of you out there that have not found the one perfect person for you are as lucky as I am to have found someone like I have, the perfect women in ever aspect of her being.

I love you Diana!

Knott Zeback
Loving husband of Jabette

Xymor
Adventurer of Underfoot

re:

Post by Xymor » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:08 AM

That's a great story! I am glad that you guys found each other. Good luck!
:: Xymor ::

Ravenes
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Ravenes » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:21 AM

There have been a few times where I would talk to a particular person on EQ for several hours, but it was nothing more than a temporary digital friendship. If you beleive in God then you have him to thank for what happend to you. I bet that there are other cases like yours, but not many. With so many people playing EQ, 2 people are bound to find each other. I congradulate you, That is truly amazing. I hope it remains genuine.

Rav

Reiper
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Reiper » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:19 AM

I know of 3 people that have been married from meeting in EQ.

Akassha/Sigwulf
Kimlee/Ninadene
Reiper/Sidine

While I can't speak for Kass/Sig, Kimmah/Nina because I'm not in contact with them, I do know that Sidine was the best thing to ever happen to my life.

I'm glad you may have found something similar to what me and her have, and I hope the very best to you two no matter what happens. One thing to remember don't listen to what the media says about internet relationships, because the media only reports the bad stuff, they dont report the good stuff. Very good friend named Akassha told me and Sidine that and well its the truth.

CedVicious

Post by CedVicious » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:47 PM

Whatever happened to Akassha??

illidian

Post by illidian » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:36 PM

Ravenes wrote: If you beleive in God then you have him to thank for what happend to you.
I couldn't have said it better myself. But I'll try.

In my mind, God has a plan for everyone. He alone knows what will happen to us, the outcome of our lives. It doesn't matter what happens, if it is meant to be, it will happen. God will make it happen, if it is meant to be.

This, obviously, was.

Congratulations and good luck to the both of you (and the three children)!

Reiper
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Reiper » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:41 PM

Kass and Siggie retired a little while back.

Alyx Druidess

Post by Alyx Druidess » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:34 AM

*wipes tears*

Yes!! a un known druid and warrior found each other and we have been happily together for a year.Our wedding is planed for march of 2004. We were engaged when he came to the states (he is british) for a 2 week stay in Minnesota. after plenty of tears we are finally together everyday in England and happily going strong.

Congrats to you and you future wife.

Start rehearsing the story of you two meet =)

Alyx n Vittorio Talamasca
Retired Druid n Warrior

p.s what Reiper said is very true you will get questioned alot. kinda fun tho its a great conversation starter :D

Filwen

Post by Filwen » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:14 AM

Knott = Gerr?

I used to be guilded with Jabette and yes, she is a sweatheart. I thought that she was married to Gerr? Unless this is Gerr then that makes perfect sense...

Either way.. Happy for both of you and wish you the best of luck!

Filwen

Knott
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Knott » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:53 AM

NO! Knott does NOT = Gerr

hadron

Post by hadron » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:03 AM

Alyx -
Tell the stupid barbie he owes me an email, and /hugs to you both. He still has the address - unless you cleaned up his room and tossed it out with the beer bottles.

Hadron

vittorio talamasca
Adventurer of Underfoot

hey

Post by vittorio talamasca » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:33 AM

hadron!! good lord i wondered where you had got to. alas i dont have the address it was on my pcs hard drive but that died a week ago. so drop me a email at rhysd2@aol.com
and damnit im not a drunk...... much

as for love and eq hell yes its possible. like everything else it has its horror stories but it has its success stories. so heres another success one for ya.

me and alyx were in a guild together and got chatting as friends. we started hanging out together because i sac'd vitt down and wanted to level him up and she wanted to level too and needed a duoing partner. we got very friendly and began to speak on the phone now and then. i knew i liked her alot as we got to know each other better.
She was in a bad relationship which she decided to leave last september and she moved back in with her folks. we had fallen for each other hard by then. chatting every day on the phone etc. february i went to meet her in MN and fell even harder for her. a week later i proposed. shes now living over here with me indefinetly and we are to be wed march 27th 2004 :)

my deepest happyness for you that you found that special person who you want to be with forever. its a great feeling and even better to know you beat the odds and met and sustained a relationship over eq. :)

Ravenes
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Ravenes » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:45 AM

Wow, love and EQ does not seem fantasticly rare as I would of assumed. Not that im trying to undermine anyone. Im usually by default a pecimistic person in some sences, so im always surprised when something wonderfull happens. shame on me.

Flunkie

Post by Flunkie » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:05 AM

I would feel lucky to have a GF that just doesn't mind me playing, let alone play herself. These love stories are amazing. Are there any stories of disasterous meetings out there?

Ravenes
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Ravenes » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:10 AM

yes

Reiper
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Reiper » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:43 AM

Yeah I know of 2 people that ended up meeting the same person a few years apart, she ended up "pregnant" both times and she ended up "losing" the baby both times. Not mentioning any names though but I thought it was pretty funny that.

But there are horrow stories, and there are great stories, and probally some mediocre (sp) stories as well out there.

Hethral
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Hethral » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:52 AM

Two of my good EQ friends met in person for the first time when they were both out visiting me. They've been married for about a year and a half now I think.
Hethral Kegslayer

Mocking the useless in EQ since Nov '99

ClainnTheWizard

Post by ClainnTheWizard » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:06 PM

My wife and I met in Splitpaw through a Guild association,Altruistic Elite. I was the guild leader at the time and had just witnessed an ingame marriage, oddly enough involving her. It was for shits and giggles and nothing more, the ingame wedding that is. I spent an evening playing an alt warrior in Paw and she was on her main, a shaman. It was quite amazing that we actually started down the path, being that both of us refused to find someone on the net, let alone a game.

She lived in Penn and I in Indiana. We arranged our lives, she finished college and moved back to Indy with/for me. We are now expecting our first. My wife is due on Nov 3rd. All of this because of a "game".

Yeah it does happen +0

Kestri
Administrator

Post by Kestri » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:22 AM

Heth = Matchmaker!

I always knew you were a closet romantic.. or you get romantic in the closet, which ever!

And yes I know of quite a few love stories on Brell, some are happy some are not but there are plenty out there.
Kestri Evensong

Cleptow

!!!!

Post by Cleptow » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:49 AM

Whoa you did Knott!!WTG. /HUG Jabett. I hope your lives together bring you much happyness.