EXEMPLAR bends the rules

EQ-related discussion.

Moderator: Nadia

Anastsia
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Anastsia » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 PM

First of all I am not going to make believe I know what happened tonight because I don't.....

That being said....

Exemplar is an excelent guild run by a very fine group of people and made up of some of the best people I have ever met. I have witnessed on several occasions the raiding style and finesse that they have. They are honest and good people so if you have a problem with them then you can do one of two things....

1: Take it to their boards EXemplar Boards

or

2: Take it to the Rant boards.
Brell Rants

I will warn you however that if you do make the choice to take this to the Rant boards you better be prepared to have your ass handed to you on a silver platter because it will be.

Either of those or you might choose being an adult, use a real name instead of coming here Anon, and take this up with the Raid Council of Exemplar to see where the miscommunication was between the two raid forces.
"May you be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Maziey Entreri
Rogue

Anastsia Angeline
Wizardess

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:06 AM

Last time I checked all mobs were FCFS. And I can count many times that Exemplar had posted raids way in advance only to have CoP take down the mob the night before. What can I say its a game. Better luck next time. Sal
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist
CoV and Coldain Faction Maxed
Flagged for Time, Qvic and Txevu

Brinker Moonhound
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Brinker Moonhound » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:22 AM

This board is here for communication of the game and life in general, the link above that Anastsia posted is for this kind of moaning and groaning.

She never said SHE was going to hand your back side to you on a silver platter...what she should have said to clear things up for you was that this kind of whining and crying is welcomed at the Rants boards because it gives them a new cry baby to rip a hole in...that's what THOSE boards are for, not these...
70 Warrior
Guildless

Anastsia
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Anastsia » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 AM

Thank you for clarifying what I meant for me Brinker. I admit I should have worded that a little differently so that it wouldn't be misunderstood, but the sentiment still holds. This board is for news and fun non-ranting issues. The zoo we lovingly call the Rant boards is for this kind of post.

Maziey Entreri
Rogue

Anastsia Angeline
Wizardess

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:38 AM

EVERYONE knew that there target was PoE rings and Arbitor
as I said before , Exemplar posted raids for public signup on these boards far in advance of the targets and COP regularly took those targets out a day or two in advance so plans would have to be reworked. Mobs are FCFS /shrug thats life. Sal
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist

Shaiel

Post by Shaiel » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:43 AM

Anon2005 wrote:
EVERYONE knew that there target was PoE rings and Arbitor, witch shouldn't take to long anyways

*blinks* I didn't.

Somebody is just a wee bit ego-centric, wouldnt you say?

Btw, there is no "witch" class is EQ.

Anneli / Shaiel

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:56 AM

Btw, there is no "witch" class is EQ.

omg I love this line hehe
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist

Theoequis

Post by Theoequis » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:03 AM

I cannot remember the times that CoP has repeatly targeted Mobs the night prior to other guilds posting open raids for that mob. First of all there have been no reserves on mobs/zones since the old days of Fear, Sky, Hate, Growth. Second of all "This is a case of the pot calling the kettle back" Third of all any ANON post shows a true lack of gonzongas and class
Windcaller Theoequis Peregrinus
Tunarian Plainswalker of 70Seasons Retired
Coldain & CoV Max Ally
Flagged for Earth, Air, Water, Fire
Proud Member of Sublime Destiny
AA: Not Enough,,, but working on it

Robarty

Post by Robarty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:20 AM

WOW /defensive and everyone comes to the aid of exemp....not to support the little man or anything but this is just a game people. I know CoP has worked reall hard and i am sure Exemp has as well. If something needs to be done about what happened the other night let the GL's deal with it. Not us people who just show up and kill mobs with either of these good guilds.

Now lets get back to keeping this a good News and Events Forum shall we =)

Lilogal

Post by Lilogal » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:57 AM

Don't slack and make it a 2 day event - Push for 1, and call it a day 8)

Theoequis

Post by Theoequis » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:58 AM

Dang,,, it's been so long since I used EZboard I forgot my sig was so outdated.....

I was not at the raid last night as Exemplar doesn't REQUIRE attendance.

Exemplar raids are open raids, have been for the 2.5 years I have raided with them as unguilded, guilded with Sublime Desteny, and With CotM.

Exemplar stopped posting targets both on our boards and on this board because of "Other Guilds" taking them out the night before, usually after Midnight EST.

We choose are targets now based upon best availble mob.

People that have raided with us in the past know our friends channel and use it. When we have a target it is announced in the friends and raid channel (OBTW, the raid channel is public info at our site)

We have in the past changed our target when we found out that another guild was targeting that mob. Tuesday Night Water would be one example, we only did mobs that another guild was not wanting. All they had to do was state their target and our raid leader said NP we will do others.

We also are working on Time as we have most of the guild flagged for Elementals. There will be conflicts now in the future, and they can usually be settled if guild/raid leaders communicate when it appears that a conflict will arrise. I wasn't ther last night Anon,,, but did CoP contact us? Or is it like so many times in the past that I logged on and found out that CoP took down our posted mob,,,, hmmm CoP has not posted on this board in the Looking for More since at least March,, but I guess everybody knew their target,,, Oh wait,,, the public forum of CoP doesn't list upcoming raid's,,,, I guess we should have asked that very nice (and sexy) Tori (/Salute Tori /hugs)

So in parting /bow, /sorry, /shit happens,
Coldain & CoV Max Ally

Galuvwen

Post by Galuvwen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:10 AM

yes my grand plan is to #$%& over cop on raids from now on

its funny how big of fit you guys make over your targets that are "called" being taken.

Iliandramoonmother

Post by Iliandramoonmother » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 AM

Exemplar has been doing Earth rings for 3 weeks now or so. Another guild breaking into ELEs is going to cause target issues. Exemplar spent months doing open backflags and when other guilds made the move to go back to backflagging, scheduled targets got ganked before we could get there.

Move on.. find another target for the night. Poopies happen. FCFS.

It isn't as though we have not been in there. And it isn't as though we will not be there repeatedly in the next months. Deal with it.

Eanani

Post by Eanani » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:57 AM

I have raided with CoP on many occasions, gotten several flags with them, and was at one time generally impressed with what they can do with sheer numbers of toons.

With that being said, after what I read here and read last night, I will NEVER raid with them again.

We all know that CT is a FCFS server. That can be good or bed, depending on which side of this post you take. As for myself, I see it as a good thing. This gives everyone a chance to get it done.

CoP wants earth rings and arbitor first?? Fine... Get there sooner, get it done, and get your flags. We raid earlier.. sorry.. *shrug* We went, we saw, it despawned. No big deal.

Unfortunately I was in copraid channel last night. I autojoin it along with many others, as I too am trying to get my sorry arse flagged for time. I was frankly appalled at what I was reading.

Guild bashing... hmm.. interesting... I saw an ugly guild war followed up by the recruitment speech from Tori.. (yes, I pointed a finger here, shoot me)
It doesn't reflect well on either guild to sit in a public forum ranting on the other then to follow it up with, join us!

/rant off

Relbeek Einre
The Cookie Man Cometh

Post by Relbeek Einre » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:52 AM

Shucks... this'd be a fun read on Rants.

Theoequis

Post by Theoequis » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:12 PM

Hell don't stop now this is the most action this board has had since the merger :P
Coldain & CoV Max Ally

Anastsia
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Anastsia » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:32 PM

*giggles at Theo*

But Beekers right.... this would have been a really REALLY good read on the Rant boards.

Maziey Entreri
Rogue

Anastsia Angeline
Wizardess

Brinker Moonhound
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Brinker Moonhound » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:54 PM

Haha, this would just be ugly on the rant board...maybe Anon DID know what he was doing by posting here..
70 Warrior
Guildless